Tuesday, August 19, 2008

*{The Secret}*

Wow...so much has gone on in the past 3 days!!! Let's see if I can sum up real quickly!

First off, this past weekend I went to The Secret Workshop! It was tons of fun and yes, I did learn some secrets! I also have some fun new things in store for the new year!! It is put on by the amazing Cheryl Muhr. And you will NEVER GUESS who the surprise guest speaker was...I about fell over when I heard~ Any guesses?? Lookie here and you will see who I met, and even shot a bit with...
Ah yes, that is the *amazing* Tara Whitney!!! And no need to email me and tell me how out of focus this photo is...does anyone really care?! IT'S TARA!!!!!! She is an amazing person and her heart is full of gold. I am so happy I had the chance to meet her.

Okay...now on to some pics from the workshop. Here is a quick pick of Cheryl Muhr in action...
And here are some shots I got of some of the kiddos that came out to sacrifice their Saturday afternoon! They were such great kiddos and we all had so much fun...






And I *love* this shot!!






So after the exciting weekend at the workshop, it was back to reality and our little one had her skin grafting surgery on Monday morning. Thank you for all your emails and prayers! She did wonderful through the surgery and is back to her good 'ole self! Next week will be the big unveiling of the grafts...let's pray they take!!

Thanks again for all your support!
m

14 comments:

Josh said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun, learned a lot and captured some awesome images...and Tara Whitney is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, Your work is awesome! And you did such a wonderful job capturing all of these kids! LOVE the shot of the girls lined up looking away. Adorable! So great to meet you this weekend. Too bad you are moving away! Stay in touch.

Michelle O said...

Thanks so much Mimi! So glad I was able to meet you as well! We will definitely keep in touch. And for any of you in the Seattle area, Mimi is an AWESOME photographer! LOVE her work! :)

erinlitteral said...

These shots are amazing. Love this post.. I would say you can't get any better but I so know you will. Love the picture of the photographers shooting. Cool to see.

Penny Murray said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Oh freaking Awesome!!! Can't beleive the guest was Tara Whitney. That rocks. Love the shots you got. Perfecto!

jlowe said...

oooo-so jealous!!!! BEAUTIFUL shots too! And Tara Whitney - SO envious! SO cool! You lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots Michelle! I also love the one of the girls lined up!

Angie Penrose said...

Michelle,

I'm so glad I got to meet you! Bummer we didn't get to talk much though. Wasn't that the best weekend? I couldn't stop smiling. :) Good luck with your upcoming move and with your little one! Your work is AMAZING and I love the new look with the big photos. ~Angie :)

Anonymous said...

You got some great shots of these kids! Your work is wonderful!

Michelle O said...

Thanks Julie!!!

Michelle O said...

Angie!
I was thinking the same thing driving home last Sunday! I was thinking, AH!!! I wish I had a chance to talk to you a bit longer! It was a great workshop though. I am going to go into "revamp" mode these next few months!

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos....if I only had 1% of your skill I just might purchase a camera! :)

cathy said...

Stunning! Just found your blog, and your photography is gorgeous! Who wouldn't want to spend a Saturday afternoon with you when these pictures are the result?

Michelle O said...

Ah...thanks you all! You're starting to make me blush!!!
Thanks for the kudos!
m