Wednesday, October 6, 2010

*{Newborn-palooza}* Fort Irwin CA Newborn Photographer

Knock, knock...anyone there?!

So I have a confession...I've been bad, okay...HORRIBLE, about blogging. And I'll be totally honest why. I've been going through a rebranding process, and I have a fun new blog that is 80% ready to launch and a fancy new logo that is going to be fabulous...but I refuse the launch the new blog without my fancy new logo and rebrand. And I'm not going to lie, this blog has been wonderful to me, but I want my big girl blog! I don't want to use BLOGGER anymore! Hence, the lack of motivation to blog, especially when I know there are fun things around the corner. :( But I feel bad for my clients that haven't had a chance to see their smiling faces on my blog lately.

SO...I'm going to try to perform a round of CPR on this blog until I get my new one out to you all. I'm hoping my designer is finished with all of my goodies soon so I can share the fun with you all! I want to launch the new "me"!

But until then, I have blog catch-up to do! Here are a couple of newborn sessions that I've had recently. And I have another one tomorrow...something must be in the water out here!

Here are two of my favorites from this session...I love the relaxed newborn sessions that I offer. It is so nice to go into the client's home and capture the family just relaxing with their newborn. And I think the new mama's like it as well...they avoid the 30 minute production of packing a diaper bag before leaving the house for a session! And you never have to worry that you "forgot" something!!

So on to the pics...I love this photo of the parents in awe of their little guy! And this newborn was amazingly alert! OH MY!! And this session was done within the first 10 days of life, and look at those eyes looking at me!! And do I dare say it, but I think that's a smile folks! Mr. Caden, you're going to be a heartbreaker!


Precious.sleeping.baby. So cute!

And onto our next newborn. Mr. Connor was so much fun. He was literally PUTTY in my hands. I had so much fun playing around with this little guy at the session. I mean seriously, look at those hands under his chin and those cute little lips!

And if you look closely, you can still see the pricks from the hospital on the bottom of his foot! I love it when I can capture that in newborn shots.


Tips for parents in preparing for a newborn session:

* Schedule your newborn session BEFORE you deliver. The session should be all set and on the calendar when you go into the hospital. And then I will work around you when the actual delivery comes. Many times my newborn sessions shift and that is fine. I've received many emails and phone calls from the hospital that the baby has arrived early, and I am more than willing to adjust my schedule to get that beautiful baby photographed within the FIRST 10 DAYS!
* First 10 days is key...honestly, anything after that is not a newborn. Trust me, they change that quickly!
* If your photo shoot is going to be right after you get home from the hospital, consider keeping that hospital bracelet on. If you want to take that tag off your precious cargo, consider mom and dad keeping their bracelet on! One of my favorite newborn sessions-to-date is one in which the dad still had his bracelet on! He was so proud, and it made the most amazing photos of dad holding baby and you can see his hospital tag in the shot...so cool!
* Your baby will pee. Seriously! It's a good thing, all systems are a-go! So please don't fret. Your baby will pee on my stuff, and I am completely okay with that! I think I've only had 1-2 sessions where the baby did NOT pee! It's sort of that moment where you are officially embarrassed by your child for the first time, I get it! But don't be! I am totally willing to work around pee if it will give me fabulous photographs!
* Plan on feeding the baby around the time I arrive. We want the baby nice and sleepy. And no clothes on when you feed! We don't want to ruin all that hard work of getting the baby to sleep by taking those clothes off!
* Which leads me to my next point, the "birthday suit" is the best outfit for newborns. BY FAR! Don't worry about an outfit...you will be more thrilled with that newborn skin!
* Just have fun. Relax and enjoy the moment, they aren't a newborn very long!

2 comments:

nicole dyk said...

I cant wait to see your new blog, but Im happy your sharing until then. i am in awe of that first photo....what a little doll with his curly hair.

McLain said...

Beautiful!!! Love those baby details. I think the baby is smiling in the first one too, WOW!!