Tuesday, December 15, 2009

*{Makes My Heart Sing}* Fort Irwin CA Family Photographer

These images make my heart sing. Simply stated. I know I am not your traditional photographer. Yes, I will give your family a couple of your typical "posed" photos because I know every family still likes to have one; however, photos like these make my heart sing. This is what I strive to be...non-traditional.

A former bride, and wonderful friend, once described my work as "organic". I love that she described me this way. Organic: Natural, simple, close to nature. My favorite images are ones that are natural, candid, and give you an opportunity to see yourself in a way you typically don't.

How many of you have a photo of you looking at the camera and smiling? Probably ALL of you do. But how many of you have a photo of you laughing your soul out with your child as you roll around in the grass? I think the percentage just went down. Now how many of you would love to remember your time with your kiddos as "a posed photo" or a photo where you are "laughing yourselves silly"? I would take the later of the two. And here is the proof in the pudding...

I would kill to have photos of my family like the ones below...simply organic...simply you with the ones you love...and simply extraordinary!

Enjoy ~W~ Family! Loved working with you all...you are simply fabulous!
-m

Every little girl's childhood is complete when she owns a pair of ruby slippers!!
I love this photo...and the non-traditional part of me has no problem that heads are cut off! Because I love that you can still see dad's smile...and that's it!

Daddy's girls giving him a tickle attack...look at those true, genuine smiles!
I *love* the hair in Mrs. W's face...so "organic"!
I love the two different stories you have in this photo...daddy with little sis playing in the back and mama playing with her big girl!
Just a natural moment. And for all you photogs...is that light not to die for?!?!
PURE JOY. PURE LOVE.
Giggling her little heart out with daddy...
And I love this photo...Mrs. W, you are just rockin' it! Your lookin' HAUTE!

So this is me...and this is what I strive to be for you...
xoxo

5 comments:

Lea-Ann @ Deployment Kitchen 365 said...

Why thank you Mrs. O! ;o) We LOVED every single shot you took. Even though we narrowed it down to our top 10, some of my favorites are the ones you posted here. Mr. W really like the last one of me as well, for the same reason you wrote . It was so fun to work with you! I believe organic describes you nicely, but you capture something deep inside of us, something that still moves me to tears everytime I look at these pictures. Something beyond the love we have for each other as a family, something beyond our inner strength and the ties that bind us together. It is magical! I have never seen any of us look like this before, truly amazing!! I thank you sincerely for blessing us with these heirlooms, I know it blessed your heart to share your gift with others.

Michelle O said...

OH GIRL! You put tears in my eyes! Thank you so much for your kind words! You all are simply amazing... Thank you from the bottom of my heart. {{HUGS}}

Josh said...

I would love to take some family pics for you someday :)

these are beautiful, probably some of my favorite images I've seen of yours. Rock on!!!!

f said...

Michelle, you are just awesome! Love all these shots!

Monica Brown said...

Michelle - Reagan has these same shoes in silver. Her Sparkley shoes. She has worn the glitter off of the toes. STILL her fave. I can't wait until, one day, it is possible to you to take our family photos. I hate I missed out in WA!

Monica