Friday, December 11, 2009

*{Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree...}*

So our Christmas tree is really sort of an eclectic mix of all sorts of ornaments that date back to 1976...no joke. I even have the little bell I made in preschool out of an egg carton, tin foil, and a twisty tie adorn our tree every year. I mean, can I really take the thing off and subject it to sitting in a Rubbermaid tote when it has seen December light for the past 30 years?! So to the average person, our tree may be...dare I say it...ugly?! But to us it has history. So this year, I received the Crate and Barrel catalog and found the coolest felt-ball garland. "THAT'S IT," I thought to myself. I will put some cool garland on the tree to give it a "theme"...instead of the theme being, a mix-mash of ornaments!

The garland was *ONLY* $19.99 for a strand! Perfect. So I bought two strands...thinking that would be enough. WRONG! It barely made it around our tree twice! So off I went for not one more, not two more, but THREE MORE STRANDS! So this "cool" garland ended up costing me $100! Our tree better look darn' good now! And yes, at least it has a theme now...cool felt garland and a plethora of ornaments!

So here is a shot of my $100 garland...but the good news is this is the only year it will technically cost me $100! Next year, it will technically have only cost me $50 a year...and so on! You see my strategy while shopping, don't you?!

I hope all of you are enjoying decorating that tree this year...$100 garland or not!
-m

6 comments:

Tiff said...

OH EM GEE....girl...I'm gonna come climb through your window and take that beauty ;) You won't even miss it, I'm sure! LOL! It is GORGEOUS!

erinlitteral said...

I'm likin' that garland.. let's see the whole tree..

Michelle O said...

Tiff! You are so funny! My guard kittie will get you! ;)

Mom on the Move! said...

I have the hodge podge of ornaments too. I can't wait until Briana starts bringing home little handmade ornaments. We love to sit on the sofa and play Eye Spy.

Anda said...

you crack me up!

GladysJem said...

haha amazing. i love your strategy. but that is one cute garland.