Sunday, January 31, 2010

*{The Boots...January Self Portrait}*

Let me preface this post with, "What did I get myself into?!" OH MY GOODNESS! I did not think committing to one self-portrait a month would intimidate me so much! However, I spun wheels today while getting my "boots" shot for all of you for my January self-portrait. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 11 months. I think I may have to drag the hubby or the kids in the portraits with me. What is funny about it is the fact that I am not shy in front of the camera!! I'm not gonna lie! I think it is actually fun being in front of SOMEONE ELSE'S camera!! But there is this whole awkwardness of a self portrait...trying to get the focus (when no one is in the frame to focus on because you are behind the camera), then setting the timer, to then run in the picture, and the most awkward moment of all...the camera is clicking down the seconds and I'm trying to figure out what emotion I want to portray on my face! Pure weirdness!!! I would feel MUCH more comfortable being in front of another photographer's lens! But I guess I'm going to have to get over it because I have 11 more to go!

However, I am easing myself into this whole world of awkward self-portraits by simply focusing on my feet this month. Actually, more so the BOOTS that are on my feet!! As you know, I posted in November a fabulous pair of boots that caught my attention, and I could not get them out of my mind. However, I was not very smitten of the price tag. So I kept hesitating to click the "Purchase Now" button. My lovely husband even wanted to buy them for me!! And something inside me was just saying no...even as much as I loved them and even with all the countless outfits I was pairing together with them! And now I know why...

I ventured over to the Steve Madden site and found them. Okay, so they aren't "Frye", but if you look at my old post and look at these suckers, there is no way you see a $400+ price difference!! It just about blew my mind! So good 'ole Mr. Madden, thank you for this fabulous find...and the good news is I got them on clearance for $69! SERIOUSLY!!! OMGosh...all leather!! And for the record I love them. And I'd like to thank my gut-feeling for making me hold off...because look at these...


I promise to show more of me next month!! I need to ease myself into this project...

Now I'm off to watch the Grammy's!
-m

6 comments:

Jennifer Chaney said...

LOVE them. Love them. Love them. And I'm jealous of them. :) And I love Frye, too, but not the price tag!

Samantha Clarke said...

Those boots are hot and a good place to start! I love the self portrait project too, I've been working on documenting myself too. Sometimes I forget about me. :-)

Gladys said...

what size are you? can i borrow them? ;) jk!

they're fabulous! can't wait to see your monthly portraits!

the Sisson's said...

~ OMG! I've been dying to know the outcome of your love affair with these boots! FUN!

McLain said...

Those are seriously awesome!

carey said...

LOVE! I want a pair!