Wednesday, January 20, 2010

*{Call Off the Search Party}*


Yes, it was that bad. Never in a million years did I ever think when I picked up the first Twilight saga book to read, that I would virtually fall off the radar as bad as I did. My mind has been in Forks, WA for the past week and a half! It all started with a simple Facebook post, "I guess I'll watch this Twilight movie and see what all the rage is about." And with that...20+comments...my wall blew up! Basically everyone said, "You've GOT to read the books first! They are so much better!" And with that, I turned to page one and never looked back!

People, it got so bad I actually had friends sending me messages saying they missed me and was wondering where I'd been. Even calling me a Facebook widow! I.COULD.NOT.STOP.READING! My husband claims I only took three breaks...#1) a photo shoot #2) to force him to watch the Twilight movie with me #3) when I drug him to a 9:55pm showing of New Moon this past weekend. And I must admit, he isn't too far from the truth! And thank you my love for not divorcing me in the process...I think my addiction is under control now that I have finished book four.

Now as a disclaimer, I am not THAT big of a reader. I pretty much stick to my business books that I like to read and keep the fiction stuff for the movies! But these four books rocked my world and showed me that I actually CAN enjoy reading fiction!

So my favorite in the series was Breaking Dawn...LOVED IT. And for the record, I don't know how they can put everything that happened in that book in only a 2 hour movie. I hope they don't cut a ton out, because it was all just way too fabulous. My next favorite was New Moon. But I did love them all for different reasons!

The TEAM EDWARD VS TEAM JACOB debate:
Oh wow...where do I start! I never knew how passionate people were about Twilight until I started bringing up topics on Facebook! And for the record, I do have to say I am TEAM EDWARD. My husband claims it is because I like the bad boy. I argued back that I felt Jacob was more of a "bad boy" than Edward was! Edward left her because he wanted to protect her!! I have a feeling a lot of people switched to Team Jacob after watching New Moon...I get it, Taylor Lautner half naked with no shirt on for 2 hours could persuade many to switch teams to the dogs. But you obviously have not seen the FABULOUS Vanity Fair spread of Robert Pattinson...HANDS DOWN TEAM EDWARD...case closed!! And it's not just for the looks that I'm Team Edward...so don't give me grief for that! He and Bella just had to be together...there was no other way around it.

And to solve this debate once and for all...here is a funny SNL skit that a friend sent me! I got a pretty good laugh out of it. Enjoy it here!



So now that life must move forward, I am off to clean this house that has been so neglected! And you will start to see more of me in the blogging world.

And yes. If you haven't read it, it was THAT good!! Trust me, I was skeptical! I always thought to myself, "I don't understand how people can be that taken by reading about vampires and werewolves." But now I get it. And I'm looking for a Twilight addiction group!

So what team are you on?!

Until next time...
m

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS SKIT!!! But, I'm Team Jacob...sorry mama! I was just like you 4 books, 3 days, and 0 showers! But the hubs was in the field ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you've stepped into the world that is Twilight! I'm just happy knowing that I wasn't the only mother who neglected her family for Twilight purposes!

-Ivy

Anda said...

hahaha -- oh wow -- here we go! i'm team jacob only because edward is totally annoying and clingy and way more cheesy. haha. i was team jacob from the very beginning. anyways -- i also read all the books in a week or so ... read each one in one sitting without stopping. stayed up without sleeping one night to read breaking dawn straight through! xoxo.

Jen said...

Team EDWARD! All the way... it was just meant to be with Bella and Edward. (in about 3 months you will be reading them again and finding even more things you missed!)