Tuesday, June 8, 2010

*{Escalate 2010}* Newport Beach, CA



Better late than never!
So I'm not going to lie...I'm completely playing catchup with blogging! On May 17-18th, I had the opportunity to attend Escalate Live, and it was so much fun! It was a lot of fun and very inspiring to hear some of the "big dogs" of the industry speak. But I think what was even more fun (shhh...), was having the chance to see some of my photog friends from around the country and meet new ones! Okay...it was the best part of the whole experience, I'm not going to lie!

Being a photographer can sometimes be a bit of a lonely occupation when you don't have co-workers that you see every day. So when you throw a whole bunch of photographers in one big room and the whole point is to "talk shop", WATCH OUT! We are all trying to get our 10,000 words for the day out at the same time!! And it is so much fun! I felt so blessed to meet up with some lovely photographers that I met at the Jasmine Star Workshop back in November. In the photo with me is Cupcake Queen Gladys to the left in the pic and to the right is the "Love all things Paper" Anda! And sadly, the lovely Julie is missing in the photo :( ...I think it is because she is off stalking Jerry Ghionis (Okay, we all wanted to stalk him afterwards...he was simply that amazing. He has the most insane talent ever)!

Ladies, I loved catching up with you all. And to my new photo peeps that I met at the conference, I'm so glad our paths crossed and I can't wait to follow each other's careers! If you are in the Newport area for the next Escalate, GO. There is nothing like being there in person. And thank you to the gracious Dane Sanders for putting the conference together.

And I'm thinking we need another trip soon ladies! :)
Be Extraordinary,
m

4 comments:

GladysJem said...

aww LOVE.

I've still yet to blog our photos. I have so many. hahaha. yes, i think another tip soon too!

abu dabi? ;)

xo

GladysJem said...

aww LOVE.

I've still yet to blog our photos. I have so many. hahaha. yes, i think another tip soon too!

abu dabi? ;)

xo

anda said...

whoop! thanks for being my roomie. i miss you already! and thanks for converting this photo to black and white. i always appreciate that :)

Julie Renee said...

You so TOTALLY have my number with that whole "stalking Jerry" thing. After seeing his presentation, I was prepared to leave Chris on the spot and make Jerry whisk me away to Australia with him. ; )

I had a great time seeing you too! I can't wait for our next girl time together...Gladys has quite an idea with Abu Dabi (the "new Abu Dabi," of course...)