Tuesday, June 8, 2010

*{Her day finally came...}* Fort Irwin CA Photographer

Little Miss Sunshine has been patiently waiting to lose her first tooth. She has seen countless Kindergarten classmates have the thrill of losing their first tooth...and has actually prayed that she would lose one. I remember a couple of years ago, the dentist told her she would probably lose her first tooth when she was 7. She informed me later that week that she couldn't wait for her 7th birthday because she was going to go into the bathroom and pull her first tooth out! I had to explain that is not *exactly* how it happens!!!

Well finally, on Easter Sunday, we noticed her permanent tooth had finally broken through but it was too far behind the baby tooth--never making that baby tooth loose. So, off to the dentist we go. I was so sad that her first experience of losing a tooth was going to be having it pulled at the dentist. Little Miss Sunshine counted the days down until her dental appointment and even dressed up for the occasion. When she heard the dentist recommend we should just pull those two bottom teeth, she lit up like it was Christmas morning and said, "YES! I get to lose my first tooth!!" The dentist started laughing as she explained most kids go into a panic and cry! Not my girl. She was all ready for the "sleepy juice" for her teeth. She didn't move once in that chair as they worked on her and not one tear shed from her eye. She was amazed when they were out, and mama was so proud. Not to mention, I swear she aged a year when I looked at her toothless grin!

So this week, we've been calling her the Toothless Wonder! Here are some pictures of her going to bed on this monumental evening! She had to make a sign for the tooth fairy, which you will see pictured below. And of course we put pixie dust in the window sill and left the blinds up so the fairy would see the sparkle in the moonlight and know there was a payment due at our household! She woke up to four shiny gold coins...

Embrace the magic Little Miss Sunshine...you are loved!
mama ;)




I love the following two pictures because of the meaning behind it...her tooth fairy pillow is the one my sister and I used as a child. Little did I know when I was her age putting my own teeth in that pillow that my daughters would be using it one day!

2 comments:

GladysJem said...

so friggin adorable

the Sisson's said...

o.k. - so me being nine months preggo almost came to tears reading this and seeing the pics. what a special moment - and of course, you've captured it sooo well! It's so awesome when parents make sure that what's important to their kids really IS important!!