Wednesday, June 23, 2010

*{PROJECT: MATERIAL GIRL | Take 2}* Fort Irwin CA Photographer

Bubble gum, Pop Rocks, cotton candy, crimped hair, and breakdancing...I'm thinking this is the ultimate session!

I had so much fun with Miss M and Miss M^2 ("squared" for those of us that have been out of school for awhile)! It all started at my place where we got together for hair, lip gloss, and nail polish. It was the perfect setting for my little models to get to know each other a bit and have their first few giggles together. And then we were off, with my little divas, for such a fun shoot. We went to just two locations on
Fort Irwin that I thought were perfect for this funky shoot.

One of my resolutions for this year was to style a shoot, one that was just for me. As a photographer, it is always fun to do a shoot for yourself every once in awhile. And I thought it would be so much fun to have a bit of a throwback concept where girls are just dressed up and having fun...because we all know "girls just wanna have fun"!

So here are several of my favorites from the shoot. Thank you so much Miss M and Miss M^2! You both were terrific and you made my week. And at the end, don't miss the slideshow--there you will see the vast majority of our shoot.

Stay Extraordinary Girls,
m





WORK IT Miss M!










13 comments:

the Sisson's said...

I don't know... looked like a little too much fun! I really liked the uno, mic, and pop rock shots! Great idea and it all turned out LIKE TOTALLY AWESOME DUDE!

GladysJem said...

michelle, this is so much fun! i kind of wish i was a part of it and had crimped hair and pop rocks. i totally sang along to the slide show and my favs are the breakdancing and the cotton candy mustaches!

the colors are so vibrant too! yayyyy for shooting for yourself! xoxo

Mimi said...

Oh and the one of them flicking the Uno cards. Way cool!

Mimi said...

What a fun and creative shoot!! Love the shot of them eating the Pop Rocks. :)

jen said...

LOVE IT! How much fun is that! And I am so proud of you for doing your OWN shoot! Sometimes you need to do projects just for yourself to keep your creativity going and I never seem to have the time to do that! I am so envious! GREAT job my friend!

Monica Brown said...

AWESOME! (Was that a cool word in the 80's? I can't remember...)

Unknown said...

You captured their personalities so well! Amazing work! We need someone like you in Cleveland! Keep up the amazing work. It is great to see Miss M in action!

Anonymous said...

Love these!

Anouschka said...

Oh my gosh, this takes me back to the 80's! Love these!

Trina Scanapico said...

that was awesome!

Anda said...

GAHHH!! Michelle -- these are SO SO amazing!! WOW.

Heather Wulfemeyer said...

Amazing!!! Love these sooooooo much!!!!

Heather Wulfemeyer said...

Amazing!!! Love these sooooooo much!!!!