Monday, June 16, 2008

*{Bad News*Good News}*

Okay, bad news...I've been horrible blogging (but I have a legitimate excuse) and I have no pictures to post right now, but good news is I will have some sneek peeks coming soon!

But for right now, I will update you a bit on what has been going on in my world...
First and foremost, my hubby just returned home from a 14 month deployment! YEA!!! It is SO nice having him around again. We have been taking it easy as a family and just sort of taking one day at a time. Picking him up was a blast...we were even able to see his plane land via a live feed! Everyone just broke into cheers of joy! And the fun hasn't stopped since his return...

We took off to the Great Wolf Lodge in Chehalis. It was AWESOME...however, for all of you military out there, call and get your military discount...they knock a big chunk off! So the girls had a blast with dad in the water, and our littlest one got over her fear of the water. All I had to tell her was she was like Nemo if she swam, and for the rest of the day, the only thing out of her mouth was, "Look mommy, I'm Nemo!" And for all of you thinking of going, one night is PLENTY. By the time you swim around all day the day of your check in, and then you also have access all day the day you check out, you are so water-logged you can't imagine spending another night. And yes, there is stuff for kids of all ages.

Then for Father's Day, we took off to the Mariners game up in Seattle. Now, I must admit, I am a So Cal Team kinda girl...gotta love my Padres and Chargers. However, Seattle has got it going on with the food! I felt like I was at a carnival! So many choices; however, I made a deadly one! Have any of you tried the garlic fries?! SO GOOD! BUT, I feel so bad for my husband...the poor guy will not want to kiss me for a full week! I have been brushing my teeth and rinsing like there is no tomorrow...and if that isn't enough, I've been pounding the gum! I *Don't* want to be one of those people that have that God-awful garlic breath! I am hoping tomorrow will be better. I do think they need a disclaimer on those fries for how you are going to smell for the next week after eating them!

And how about those gas prices! We spent $165 in one day filling up both vehicles. How much does that stink!!! My husband was the one that really about croaked at the pump. When he deployed, gas was HALF of what it is now. However, I'll pay the prices as long as I can continue to live in this country! But it still is a little crazy. And not that I want to fuel the fire, but I heard $5 a gallon by the 4th of July. And then someone told me $7 by Christmas...ah, yeah, we won't be driving or flying home for the holidays if that is what it will be!

Okay...I'm off to enjoy the family. But I did have a few sessions Saturday...so more photos to follow this week!

Have a great week ya'all!
m

4 comments:

erinlitteral said...

Ahh.. so good to get an update. I've been checkin' in as I think of you guys often. It's just awesome he is finally back. Send him my best. I love the pictures.

Trina Scanapico said...

Glad to hear that the hubby is finally home! I've missed your posts! Can't wait to see your new pics!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! I told our mob/dep lady about the live feed (hint, hint) and she said how cool that was and reminded me that we are not stateside ;-(! Enjoy and have fun - we are down to one handed finger counting!

Monica Brown said...

I am so very excited for you that your family is together again. A VERY BIG THANK YOU to you and your husband for all that you do. No ones life would be the same without people like you guys. I enjoy my freedom and am oh so grateful for it.