Tuesday, July 7, 2009

*{A Little Piece of Me...}* Temecula CA Photographer | Fort Irwin Photographer

I strangely noticed that I haven't done as many personal blogs as I used to...what is up with that?! So in the quest of going back to my roots...here are some fun facts about me that you may or not know! I always think it is fun to learn about the person behind the camera...so here is some fun for you today!

1. I was born a California girl.
2. Because of #1, I *love* the heat...I have learned through all of our moves, I can't stand the cold for long!
3. My oldest daughter is a spitting image of my personality...it's scary!
4. My favorite TV show...oh I have too many! Let's see...Greys Anatomy, Sex and the City, Friends, the Tudors...and my list continues!
5. Because of me loving the Tudors (and other movies and shows similar), I think I secretly wish I could go back in time and live as one of the Tudors for just a day! Wouldn't it be cool to be Queen Anne for a day?! Okay...maybe just not the day where it was "off with her head!" But it would be cool to jump back into time and wear those fancy dresses!
6. Ahhh...Fancy dresses. Yes, I am a girl that loves to dress up. I am not even going to try to hide the fact that I do have expensive taste. Sometimes I wish I didn't, but it would be a total lie. And Juicy Couture dresses (wiping drool from keyboard)...they are so feminine and to die for! My list can go on...Diane Von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs. If I was a celebrity, I would be at every red carpet event so I could strut my stuff and show off my newest and greatest fancy dress! Dressing up is just too much fun...and then there is my shoe addiction.
7. I am a shoe addict and one day I will own a striking pair of Valentinos or Louboutins. Or if anything, I hope my husband buries me in a pair one day...throw me in a nice pair of tall heels honey! But I hope I own them before that day...all you ladies know how a good pair of heels make you feel like a supermodel. You become invincible!
8. You would think with my expensive taste I would have horrible spending habits. But actually I am a saving freak and always save for my splurges.
9. I have a thing with numbers and remember dates very easily. A matter of fact, a year ago tomorrow I was on a plane to Hawaii...
10. I DON'T have one tattoo. Seriously, am I that boring?! But I was with my husband when he got his...does that count for anything?!
11. Eighth grade was the worst year of my life...middle school STINKS! Such an awkward stage.
12. College was the best school experience of my life.
13. I love watching the previews at the movies...I am ready to go when the lights dim! I'm always excited to get my list ready of what I want to see next.
14. It's 104 outside...YIKES!
15. My favorite day of the year...Christmas Eve. Particularly, Christmas Eve NIGHT. And ironically, that is the day my love proposed.
16. I don't know how to play one instrument...but I played the recorder in 5th grade like everyone else!
17. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a pop star. Watch out Britney! On the other thought, maybe I will just stick with photography.
18. I type fast.
19. I love music...virtually every song that comes on the radio is a "favorite". And I love all genres of music. I will listen to Elton John one minute, and then I could listen to Black Eyed Peas the next. You should see my iPod list. And yes, I will ALWAYS be a New Kids on the Block fan. If the whole 6 degrees of separation thing is true...then HOOK ME UP one of you! Let me photograph one of their families! I loved them as a kid and let's all admit, those kind of loves never go away.
20. I need to get my kids away from the T.V. So this is it!

So there are some fun tid-bits to keep you entertained until my next post...in my next personal post, I will have to list some of my favorite things. Just because I'm not Oprah, doesn't mean I can't do that!

And for all of you Washingtonians...I am *dying* to get on the plane and fly up there this week! I can't wait! We are going to have some rockin' newborn and family sessions...and even a maternity session (please don't have the baby before I get there *C*)!

And since it is TOTALLY uncool to post without some photos...here are some from one of my sessions this past 4th of July weekend. I had two fabulous sessions...and these three girls could giggle themselves to death on cue! PERFECT for me! :) Enjoy!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will always love your love of life and your enthusiasm for the special little things...you make day-to-day little things in life soooo' special...

Michelle O said...

This must be my mama...right?! Or do I have a secret admirer? :) I think I'll go with it being my mama!!

Josh said...

HAHAHAHA....NKOTB...I'm with ya on that one :)

Anonymous said...

These girls are just beautiful! I love the connection between them!
Looking forward to meeting you at the jasmine* workshop....
heather armstrong