Tuesday, May 13, 2008

*{A Cup of Michelle}*

Just a random thought that I had today...

I've had a few different people interested in sitting down with me and picking my brain about photography. I think it is a great idea because the only way to help improve your own skill and technique is to network and work with others. And since my calendar is piling up with more and more things, I thought it might be fun to meet up for coffee for a couple of hours and you can pick my brain...ask me about shooting in manual mode, where I like to shoot at, how I get certain effects in my photos, how I meter, tips and tricks to compositions, etc. Get your list ready and come and get your questions answered...and most of all, this is for anyone...no matter where you are in your walk of photography...it is for those already shooting professionally to just wanting to know how to get better pics of your kiddos. However, there is only one rule...check egos at the door because no question is a stupid question. Trust me, I still have questions! Just as an upfront disclaimer...this is in no way a workshop! I will come with my camera and brain! This is just a very informal time for you to ask me anything you want to know about photography, etc.

Let me know if there is any interest in this...Because this will be a one time opportunity since we are gearing up for a move! I would love to meet individually with everyone that has inquired about this, but time is of the esscence! So *please* let me know in the blog comments if you are game for this...if not, I will just stay home that night and eat cherry bon-bons on the couch watching some good 'ole fashion reality TV! No hard feelings...I just wanted to open up this opportunity to everyone that has inquired and those of you that wish you had!

So anyway, here is what I was thinking...
Forza Coffee in Dupont
Tuesday, May 20th
6:30p.m.

Let me know a.s.a.p. if you are interested!
-m

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, that is so gracious of you to offer this. I would be interested, though I do have something at 7 that night, so maybe just for part of it :)

Trina Scanapico said...

I would love to also (gives me an excuse to see McLain too) ...let me check w/ my mom though to see if she can watch Ky for a little longer that day...

erinlitteral said...

man would I love to sit and have coffee with you! :)

jlowe said...

OK - that's not fair!!! (stomping of my feet!) Why do you have to live so dang far away? You KNOW I can't come for coffee at 7....what a tease Michelle! ;)
HUGS!
You rock - you are the kindest most generous person which is why I KNOW we were meant to meet and hopefully cross paths again someday!

Penny Murray said...

You're work has been an inspiration to me as I develope and PB. I love stalking your webpage and blog. ;) You were so kind to answer some questions for me a couple months ago via e-mail and I really appreicate the help you gave me. Wish I were close enough to enjoy a cup of coffee with you and talk shop!

Michelle O said...

YEA!!! Jeanette will be able to attend as well. SO that is one more. And Penny, thanks so much for the Kudos! I'm so glad everything I emailed you was a help! Can't wait to see the awesome things instore for you!
-m

Michelle O said...

One more RSVP...Monica Brown. Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Trina Scanapico said...

I'm pretty sure I can make it! :-)

Sara said...

I was introduced to your blog through a friend who just had you take their pictures. I love your work and would love the opportunity to ask you some questions.

Sara

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle, I would love to join you at Forza. Afterall, I have blog stalked you for a while (love your work) and I enjoy meeting with other photographers any chance I get. I look forward to meeting you and the others who attend. :o)Thanks for this fun opportunity to ask questions and share a cup of yummy stuff together.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I'd love to see you before we both PCS, but Hayden has T-Ball practice at 6pm and I'm going to a Pampered Chef party afterwards. Even after we move I'll be checking out your blog for inspiration!!! If you can recommend any good photographers in Tampa, let me know! - Wendy L.

Anonymous said...

I will try to be there after the science fair! :)