Tuesday, May 20, 2008

*{Pay It Forward}*

This week has been full of lots of fun! First off, I want to say thank you to the amazing Abie Wolfe for allowing me to second shoot a wedding this weekend. It was a fabulous experience and I can't wait to do more!!! And I was able to meet the delightful Kara Jovag! I shot the wedding with her as well! We all had a lot of fun together, and I thank you both for allowing me to be apart of all the excitement. And a HUGE thank you for the experience! And I know your first comments in the comment box are going to be, "Are we going to see the pictures from the wedding?!" Well, I'd love to show you, but I don't have a model release from the bride and groom...so I feel it is only respectful not to post their pics. However, maybe I can slip you some photos of the "detail" shots from the day!

Then today was full of fun...we all had a blast at "Cup of Michelle" this evening! I hope all you ladies enjoyed yourselves and took a lot away from it. I had a lot of fun chit-chating about all of the in's and out's of photography! I feel it is only right for photographers to help each other...it is the only way to learn. No sense in keeping the fun all a secret, right?! I even had the pleasure to meet another photographer today...the lovely Monica Brown!

And now that I am completely booked until we move, I just wanted to pass on a couple of names of local (or sort of local!) photographers that *I* would love to have photograph my family, so I am sure you'd feel the same...
Inglin Photography (Seattle, WA...worth the drive!)
Shannon Sewell (Vancouver, WA...worth the drive!)

Let them know I sent you...I don't know them personally, but I know from the photographer's standpoint, it is always fun to see who cherishes your work enough to recommend you!

Enjoy your evening!
m

7 comments:

Josh said...

Shannon rocks! And that's awesome you're booked solid:)

Trina Scanapico said...

thanks for meeting w/ us last night! It was so much fun! Another thanks for the new links! I really like the Bobbi and Mike one....I love how they post pictures w/ each other in them!

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you so much for meeting! It was very informative, and fun to chat with everyone!

Monica Brown said...

Sounds like everyone had fun at the meeting. I hate I missed it, but a HUGE thank you for meeting with me earlier!! I have been taking your advice to heart and working my hiney off ever since. I hope to see you again soon!

Trina Scanapico said...

K Michelle...I have a question...I was trying out metering today...first time on full manual..yeah! ..and I got confused...if I meter off the face and then back up....do I ignore the meter then? I tried it...but when I backed up the meter said I was under/over exposing....and it confused me...

Michelle O said...

Yes...you were doing it perfect. Frame just the face and meter to zero...then back up to take your photo. Your meter will DEFINITELY be telling you that you are over or under exposed, but IGNORE IT! It is doing that because now instead of metering the face, it is metering the bright sky or dark ground, etc. But just ignore it, take the shot, and your face should be properly exposed. Check your histogram and see if you have a nice ant hill and that will help you as well (after you take the picture). Hope this helps!
m

Trina Scanapico said...

Got it! Thanks! I'm going to try to take some pics of Ky tomorrow...hopefully I'll get it right this time! :-)